Why should I choose IGCSE Art and Design?
- Art and Design widens your creative skills through painting, drawing, designing and photo shooting.
- Art and Design develops your critical thinking, imagination and creativity.
- Art and design trains you to focus on tasks and deliver good quality work.
- Art and Design Develops your confidence, enthusiasm and sense of achievement.
- Art and Design helps you to understand other cultures and history that you can relate to your work.
- Art and Design gives you a solid foundation before pursuing higher/other related courses.
Is it for me?
- Are you a creative individual who enjoys all types of drawing, painting, illustration and design work?
- Do you have a passion for expressing your ideas and feelings in both two-and three-dimensions?
- Do you want to improve your drawing techniques and learn new graphic skills that can help enhance your visual work across the curriculum?
- Do you have determination and patience?
- Are you willing to put time and effort into developing your ideas?
- You will be expected to develop and research your ideas both in school and outside of school hours.
- Your will be expected to use your sketchbook in order to develop your ideas and act as a journal showing your artistic development.
- You will be taught to use various types of media and will encouraged to experiment.
- You will be introduced to use photo - editing software and will be expected to pursue this in your own studies.
- You will be expected to provide basic art equipment:
- Sketch book A4 & A3
- Different grades of pencils
- Paint brushes
- Small-tipped ink pen (fine line)