In light of the current global pandemic situation, Maputo International School has considered numerous options and so to not lose any academic time we are rescheduling the April holidays.
Please for more information download the document below
NOTIFICATION TO THE PARENTS AND GUARDIANS !
17th March, 2020
RE: BEING COOPERATIVE
This serves to ask for your responsible cooperation with the school in a time that is stressful and worrying to all. Please pay careful attention to the information being given below.
1. PLEASE refrain from sending your child/children to school if they are unwell.
2. PLEASE refrain from sending your child/children to school if you (as parents) or the child has travelled to or from any infected country. Keep them at home with the self-quarantine period of 14 days.
3. PLEASE if you have opted to keep your children at home during this period we ask that you officially place the information in writing to email@example.com with an email address that can be used by the teachers for communication.
4. PLEASE do not expect teachers to stop teaching to prepare work for your children with a days’ notice. They will prepare and send to you via email provided by you, at their earliest convenience.
5. PLEASE as per standard school rules, no tests will be written ahead of time.
6. We request parents to remain calm, objective and realistic at all times so not to create . “panic and stress” within your child/children’s mind and others around you.
7. We recommend parents to follow official Government publications of information.
To download the information above just click the link below
RegardsManagement of Maputo International School
CORONA VIRUS WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW!
Corona virus is large in size where the cell diameter is 400-500 micro and for this reason any mask prevents its entry The virus does not settle in the air but is grounded, so it is not transmitted by air.
Coronavirus when it falls on a metal surface, it will live 12 hours, so washing hands with soap and water well enough. Corona virus when it falls on the fabric remains 9 hours, so washing clothes or being exposed to the sun for two hours meets the purpose of killing it.
The virus lives on the hands for 10 minutes, so putting an alcohol sterilizer in the pocket meets the purpose of prevention. If the virus is exposed to a temperature of 26-27 ° C. it will be killed, as it does not live in hot regions. Also drinking hot water and sun exposure will do the trick And stay away from ice cream and eating cold is important.Gargle with warm and salt water kills the tonsils' germs and prevents them from leaking into the lungs.
Adherence to these instructions fulfills the purpose of preventing viruses.
Please kindly forward good information to prevent unnecessary fear
Mr Gary’s initial training and experience were as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language. He went on to teach English Language and Literature at State and International schools in the UK before joining MIS in 2007.
Mr Gary has taught at all levels of the secondary curriculum. His main specialization in Language and Literature are IGCSE and A Level. Mr Gary was KS 4 Head in 2017. He has run Debate clubs in UK and MIS. His pastimes include travel, language, reading, watching sport and personal fitness.
Ms Brenda is a qualified teacher in English Language teaching having overall experience of 10 years. She teaches effectively & efficiently in Primary and High School by motivating & creating interest in the students with the help of innovative teaching techniques and modern teaching aids. Ms Brenda is successfully teaching English from primary level to Secondary level at Maputo International School since 2015
Ms Brenda thinks that the responsibilities of being a Class Teacher includes although certainly not restricted to the classroom Lesson Teaching ,Designing Assignments and their Corrections, setting of Question Papers, Assessment of Answer Sheets, Reinforcement of Students requiring extra attention, Organizing Classroom Activities, Maintaining a disciplined and amicable environment in class, Imbibing a sense of cleanliness in the classroom, Teaching them to Learn with Dignity and Grace by giving them small responsibilities and then appreciating them.
EDUCATION • Post Graduate in Education with University of Zimbabwe • Certificate in English language teaching (CELTA) with Cambridge University.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MOTIVATIONAL MOTO: “Learn a Language and be enriched with new Culture”
Very enthusiastic and devoted Teacher with excellent communication skills demonstrated through 18 years of experience. Gained valuable experience and knowledge in best practices of instructional methodology, in language education, for students from Reception to Grade 6, secondary school and adults.
Degree in English/Portuguese Language Teacher as Second Language by Universidade Pedagógica
- Portuguese teacher at Josina Machel High School in Maputo
- Portuguese teacher ant national Water Management School, in Maputo
- Portuguese teacher at the Portuguese School,in Nacala
- Portuguese teacher at the Portuguese School,in Quelimane
Portuguese teacher course at Eduardo Mondlane University in Maputo/p>
Honours in Portuguese language at the Universidade Pedagogica in Maputo
Ms Ancha has been teaching English as a Second Language since 1992. She has taught at different levels such as primary school, secondary school and language Centre.
Currently she teaches English as a Second Language (Known as Special English in our school) to KS1 Students, some staff members and parents.
For her teaching ESL is a very unique and rewarding profession because it allows her to work with learners of all ages and backgrounds. She finds it very challenging but at the same time very gratifying because it involves so much more than teaching the English language.
Holds a Diploma in Education, Specializing in Teaching English as a Second/ Foreign language by the Language Institute in Maputo, Mozambique.
A B.A. (Hons) in Law by the Higher Institute of Sciences & Technologies of Mozambique (ISCTEM) and a Masters in Human Rights LL.M (in progress) Specializing in Children’s Rights by the Eduardo Mondlane University, Maputo Mozambique
|GRADES||Terms/Fees||Registration Fee||Returning Fee||Book Deposit||Annual Book Fee|
|KS1 Reception&Grade 1-2|
|KS2 Grade 3 – 6|