III TERM 2020 CALENDAR ADJUSTMENTS
We trust that you are well and keeping safe.
Firstly, we would like to thank you for your support and efforts in encouraging and monitoring your child/children while studying at home. Your job as an educational coach, provider, employee and many more has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. We understand fully how this period has not been an easy task; so well done.
Secondly, we are almost ready for the students to return and we would like to reassure you that your child/children, our employees health and safety is of paramount importance. However, we are unable as of yet to announce an exact date of reopening; we anticipate from the last statement that G12 and 13 will return in October, therefore at this time we assume that classes will continue online in Term 3. Communication will be shared/finalised in due course and when it is available. Teachers are busy preparing for both online and face-to-face possibilities for the final academic term of 2020.
Thirdly, as examination classes are in their final steps of completing syllabus; some students may be requested to attend another week or two of classes this August. This information will be communicated to the students by the teachers.
Please pay careful attention to the dates provided below;
- September 9th - Term 3 commences
- September 25th - Armed Forces Day (Public Holiday - no classes)
- October 4th - Peace and Reconciliation Day (Public Holiday - no classes on the 5th)
- October 22nd - Parent Online Conferences
- October 23rd - 25th - Half term Break
- November 10th - Maputo Day (Public Holiday -no classes)
- December 11th - Last academic day of 2020
- December 11th -Last academic day of 2020
Please pay careful attention to the dates provided below;
We wish you a restful and screen free holiday
Please you can download the information above at the link below
NOTIFICATION TO THE PARENTS AND GUARDIANS !
17th March, 2020
RE: BEING COOPERATIVE
This serves to ask for your responsible cooperation with the school in a time that is stressful and worrying to all. Please pay careful attention to the information being given below.
1. PLEASE refrain from sending your child/children to school if they are unwell.
2. PLEASE refrain from sending your child/children to school if you (as parents) or the child has travelled to or from any infected country. Keep them at home with the self-quarantine period of 14 days.
3. PLEASE if you have opted to keep your children at home during this period we ask that you officially place the information in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email address that can be used by the teachers for communication.
4. PLEASE do not expect teachers to stop teaching to prepare work for your children with a days’ notice. They will prepare and send to you via email provided by you, at their earliest convenience.
5. PLEASE as per standard school rules, no tests will be written ahead of time.
6. We request parents to remain calm, objective and realistic at all times so not to create . “panic and stress” within your child/children’s mind and others around you.
7. We recommend parents to follow official Government publications of information.
To download the information above just click the link below
RegardsManagement of Maputo International School
CORONA VIRUS WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW!
Corona virus is large in size where the cell diameter is 400-500 micro and for this reason any mask prevents its entry The virus does not settle in the air but is grounded, so it is not transmitted by air.
Coronavirus when it falls on a metal surface, it will live 12 hours, so washing hands with soap and water well enough. Corona virus when it falls on the fabric remains 9 hours, so washing clothes or being exposed to the sun for two hours meets the purpose of killing it.
The virus lives on the hands for 10 minutes, so putting an alcohol sterilizer in the pocket meets the purpose of prevention. If the virus is exposed to a temperature of 26-27 ° C. it will be killed, as it does not live in hot regions. Also drinking hot water and sun exposure will do the trick And stay away from ice cream and eating cold is important.Gargle with warm and salt water kills the tonsils' germs and prevents them from leaking into the lungs.
Adherence to these instructions fulfills the purpose of preventing viruses.
Please kindly forward good information to prevent unnecessary fear
MOTIVATIONAL MOTO: “Learn a Language and be enriched with new Culture”
Very enthusiastic and devoted Teacher with excellent communication skills demonstrated through 18 years of experience. Gained valuable experience and knowledge in best practices of instructional methodology, in language education, for students from Reception to Grade 6, secondary school and adults.
Degree in English/Portuguese Language Teacher as Second Language by Universidade Pedagógica
- Portuguese teacher at Josina Machel High School in Maputo
- Portuguese teacher ant national Water Management School, in Maputo
- Portuguese teacher at the Portuguese School,in Nacala
- Portuguese teacher at the Portuguese School,in Quelimane
Portuguese teacher course at Eduardo Mondlane University in Maputo/p>
Honours in Portuguese language at the Universidade Pedagogica in Maputo
Ms Ancha has been teaching English as a Second Language since 1992. She has taught at different levels such as primary school, secondary school and language Centre.
Currently she teaches English as a Second Language (Known as Special English in our school) to KS1 Students, some staff members and parents.
For her teaching ESL is a very unique and rewarding profession because it allows her to work with learners of all ages and backgrounds. She finds it very challenging but at the same time very gratifying because it involves so much more than teaching the English language.
Holds a Diploma in Education, Specializing in Teaching English as a Second/ Foreign language by the Language Institute in Maputo, Mozambique.
A B.A. (Hons) in Law by the Higher Institute of Sciences & Technologies of Mozambique (ISCTEM) and a Masters in Human Rights LL.M (in progress) Specializing in Children’s Rights by the Eduardo Mondlane University, Maputo Mozambique
|GRADES||Terms/Fees||Registration Fee||Returning Fee||Book Deposit||Annual Book Fee|
|KS1 Reception&Grade 1-2|
|KS2 Grade 3 – 6|
HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The Maputo International School, was founded in 1976 shortly after independence when all school in Mozambique were nationalised.Since then the school has developed slowly, often in difficult circumstances, however, an accelerated development programme, which began in 1989, increased the number of classrooms and provided a most congenial learning environment. In recent years, the enrolment average has been around 500... the school caters for the children of both expatriate and Mozambican families. We have the staff and facilities to offer a first class education from pre-school to pre-university.
An all-weather sports area offers excellent conditions for practicing various sports.The school has a hall which is used for PE ( Physical Education),assemblies and plays. with the completion of the new buildings in 1990 the aquired a bigger library, two Science Laboratories, Music Room, Staff, and Computer Rooms, we now feel the need for further expansion. we also have smaller facility, (5 minutes walk) where some of the older students( grades 10-13) have some lesson.
The school caters mainly for diplomats and staff of foreign organisations and companies with children living in Maputo, as well growing number of Mozambicans. On the whole, we have 42 nationalities.The students range in age from 3-18 years and we offer schooling from pre-school to year 13. Proficiency in English is not an essential requirement because the school offers intensive English for those students who have no knowledge of the language. We also offer special English support to enable students to improve their Standard of English.
Our School is a registered Cambridge Primary and Secondary School and an accredited Cambridge Exams Center.